Choosing your wedding venue is one of the biggest decisions you will make on your wedding planning journey. With so many venues to choose from it can be difficult to know where to start. We spoke to wedding planner and venue sourcing expert Claire Clarke from Claire Clarke weddings to find out what questions you need to ask your potential wedding venue.
1. What are the minimum / maximum numbers of guests I can invite?
2. Do you have a room hire charge?
3. Do you have a set wedding package or a minimum spend option?
4. What is the difference in cost for a weekday wedding vs a weekend wedding?
5. Do your prices vary depending on the season?
6. What time does your license allow you to serve alcohol / play music until?
7. Do you have any music restrictions?
8. Can I have candles on my wedding day?
9. What furniture is included in your quote and can I see photographs?
10. Does your quote include crockery, cutlery and glassware?
11. Do I get a complimentary night stay and what time is check in/ check out?
12. Will there be a room for me to get ready in?
13. Who will be my contact for the planning of the day?
14. Is VAT included in your quote?
15. Is service charge included in the costs, and if so, what percentage is this? If not is this discretionary?
16. Is it possible to provide outside catering if I wish?
17. Do you offer a corkage option if I want to source my own alcohol?
18. Are there any parking restrictions?
19. What time can suppliers have access to set up?
20. Can I set up anything the day prior to the wedding?
21. When do my wedding items (such as left over decorations) need to be removed from the venue?
22. Do you offer a menu tasting and is there a charge for this?
23. Is there a pay bar facility for my guests? If so, is there a card payment option?
24. Where can group and/ or couple photos be taken?
You may find it helpful to print out this list and take it with you to your venue meeting, or use it to tick off each item once you have the answers. If you have other questions that you think should be included then let us know in the comments below.
To find out more about Claire Clarke and her venue finding and planning services, visit her website or social media pages using the links below.